1. A dog’s sense of smell is 1,000 to 10,000,000 times better than a human’s. To put that into perspective a human may be able to smell a tea spoon of sugar in a cup of tea but a dog could smell one in a swimming pool.
2. A dog can hear 4 times as far as a human, also a dog can hear noises that are higher pitched.
3. Your dog has a sense of timing and will miss you when you are gone.
4. Dogs only have sweat glands between the pads of their paws. Wetting their paws on hot days can help to cool them.
5. A dog’s whiskers can help them to see in the dark. Using their whiskers, a dog can judge the shape, size and even the speed of an object.